Are you passionate about dance and community?
We are always looking to recruit new volunteers to support our company in delivering projects throughout Merseyside (and smaller projects in Bristol) and to offer the opportunity for volunteers to join a company where they – can learn new skills and meet new people.
Volunteers can transform our local communities by embracing world cultural dance by becoming a Movema Ambassador!
What is Movema?
Movema celebrates diversity through dance, creating safe spaces for different communities to come together and learn about each other.
We’ve been established for 10 years!
Movema’s not-for-profit company structure means money made is put back into the organisation and redistributed to deliver projects for communities, making world dance and arts accessible to all.
At Movema, volunteers will develop their skills and cultural awareness through dance projects such as African Dance, World Fusion classes and our Unlock the Box Dance Education Programme. Styles include Bollywood, Salsa, Caribbean dance, Latin and more. Additionally, there are lots of opportunities to perform throughout the year at exciting city events! Such as Africa Oyé, Carnival, Black History Month, Chinese New Year and Light Night!
Through these projects, volunteers have the opportunity to increase their confidence, experience positive health benefits, and to play a part in a company who are passionate about health and well-being.
Volunteering roles available:
– Events support- Carnival, Chinese New Year, Light Night, Africa Oyé
– Dance teacher/ support delivery
– Performance opportunities
– Summer schools
– Flyer distribution
– Classes support: registration and evaluation
– Photography/ video
– Costume/ makeup/ design
– Marketing: social media and press
– Technical Assistance
– Advisory Panel (please state skill set below– e.g fundraising, finance, legal, business development, marketing, sales etc)
– Stewarding / chaperoning
– If you have any additional skills you can offer Movema, that are not listed above please do get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate.
What are the benefits of volunteering with Movema?
– Free classes
– Free vibrant t-shirt
– Skills development
– Some roles can lead to paid opportunities (dependent on role)
– Travel expenses
– Performing as part of the city’s cultural calendar
– Learn about World dance and culture
– Meet new friends
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR DANCE COMMUNITY
Please check out our social media accounts to find out more about us and what we can offer to potential volunteers:
Or contact us: email@example.com
Photograph: David Leeke 2019. Liverpool Light Night