Wildfire Rising is an associate artist programme that aims to remove barriers of inequality by investing in and supporting dance artists from the Global Ethnic Majority to make way for the rising of their artistry, representation and development.
Through ‘Wildfire Rising’ Cheshire Dance and Movema and are committed to:
- Investing in and supporting dance artists from the Global Majority to make way for the rising of their artistry, representation and development.
- Increasing representation of artists from the Global Majority in both of our organisations at all levels.
- Learning about what the barriers are to African, South, East and South East Asian diaspora artists engaging with our organisations (as participants and artists) and subsequently using the learning to develop the diversity of our organisations.
- Reducing inequalities in dance.
- Learning about the needs of artists from African, South, East and South East Asian diasporas and using our voices and platforms to feed this understanding into wider strategic conversations with ACE and Dance Consortia North West to ensure development of relevant support systems for artists.
- Generating and developing trust and shifting perceptions of our organisations as places where people of diverse cultural and racial backgrounds are welcome, valued and feel ‘at home’.
Year 1 Evaluation
The first year of Wildfire Rising ran from April 21 to June 2022, supporting 3 Global Majority artists.
To read a review and recommendations by Inc Arts UK on the Wildfire Rising Associate Artist Year 1 Programme, please click here.
To view a complete Evaluation Summary Report for Year 1 from Cheshire Dance and Movema, please click here.
Wildfire Rising Year 2
The second year of Wildfire Rising from September 2022 to September 2023 will focus on deepening our impact by creating time and space for mental well-being, investing into artist development, and creating platforms and events to host and promote the talent and skills