[box type=”pink”] Deadline 5pm Wed 2nd April 2014![/box]
Movema is recruiting a Project Coordinator to oversee ‘Unlock the Box’ a world dance and culture project providing opportunities for disadvantages children and young people in Liverpool.
To realise our vision, Movema is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Project Coordinator to support the planning, implementation and evaluation of our activities.
Application and Selection Process
To apply please read the Job Description and Person Specification carefully and send;
- A covering letter (outlining any relevant, training and experience and why you feel you would like to work for Movema).
- An up to date CV.
- Completed Monitoring and Equal Opportunities form.
Applicants who send their application form by email are also required to meet the closing deadline.
Post: Movema c/o The Black-E, 1 Great George Street, Liverpool, L1 5EW
Applicants using the postal system to submit their applications should note that first class mail does not guarantee next day delivery. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that sufficient postage has been paid.
Please note that applications by fax cannot be accepted.
If you have any queries or questions please contact: 07548 365869
Movema is an equal opportunities employer and considers applications strictly on the basis of merit.
Selection for this post will be based on submission of cover letter and CV and an interview.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm Wednesday 2nd April 2014
- Interviews will be held on Tuesday 8th April 2014
- Post commencing Monday 14th April 2014
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategically planning and managing the project with Movema senior management.
- Using and creating systems to effectively manage the many parts of the project.
- Organising regular meetings of staff, volunteers, steering group and partners.
- Safeguarding policies, implementation and review.
- Risk Assessment and Health and Safety policy and implementation.
- Establishing partners.
- Reporting to line managers and senior management.
- Communications, liaising with partners and staff.
- Recruitment and induction of delivering dance artists.
- Recruitment and induction of volunteers.
- Organising training in child protection.
- Staff review and appraisal.
- Overseeing the delivery of the project.
- Coordinating and managing events as part of the project.
- Promotion of the project through partners, marketing materials, online and press.
- Planning the evaluation framework, in partnership with specialists such as IMPACT.
- Overseeing and managing the collection of relevant data.
- Evaluating data.
- Disseminating results.
Skills and Experience
- Experience managing projects involving children and young people.
- Excellent coordination skills with at least 2 years experience within the field of project management.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, working with a wide range of different people.
- Experience with dealing with people on phone and via email .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities, safeguarding and diversity in the workplace.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Full driving licence and car owner.
- Up to date DBS.
- Experience managing dance/ arts projects.
- Safeguarding training.
- Health and Safety training.
- Strong efficiency and organisation.
- Excellent at relationship building.
- An ability to work empathetically with individuals.
- An ability to work independently and prioritise workload in a changing environment.
- A positive and flexible approach.
- A desire to support colleagues.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure.
- Someone who thrives in a team environment, but can also work independently.
1. A demonstrable enthusiasm for the arts, particularly world dance.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Fee: £22,000 pro rata.
Based on a notional 8 hours per week.
Suitable for job share arrangements.
Job share applicants are welcome to apply.
Travel Expenses: Covered for site visits and events.
Hours: Between 9am – 6pm,
Weekly hours to be arranged. Occasional evening work may be required.
Start date: 14 April 2014
Notice period: 1 month
Contract Period: 3 years fixed term, with a 3 month review.
Free complimentary ticket to all Movema productions, with 1 concessionary companion ticket available per production
Classes: Movema staff can attend any of Movema dance classes for FREE.