[box type=”pink”] Deadline 5pm Wed 2nd April 2014![/box]
This is an exciting time for Movema. We have a busy class schedule, frequent workshop bookings and exciting projects and collaborations. We are working on Organisational Development supported by a range of partners. And our team of skilled artists, trainees, volunteers and participants is growing steadily.
To realise our vision, Movema is seeking an enthusiastic part time Administration Assistant to help maintain and develop our growing activities. They will support the administrative processes working individually and as part of a team. The Part-Time Administrator will need to be highly organised, with knowledge and experience of efficient office systems.
Application and Selection Process
To apply please read the Company Overview and Job Description carefully and send;
- A covering letter (outlining any relevant, training and experience and why you feel you would like to work for Movema).
- An up to date CV.
- Completed Monitoring and Equal Opportunities form.
Applicants who send their application form by email are also required to meet the closing deadline.
Post: Movema c/o The Black-E, 1 Great George Street, Liverpool, L1 5EW
Applicants using the postal system to submit their applications should note that first class mail does not guarantee next day delivery. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that sufficient postage has been paid.
Please note that applications by fax cannot be accepted.
Movema is an equal opportunities employer and considers applications strictly on the basis of merit.
Selection for this post will be based on submission of cover letter and CV and an interview.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm Wednesday 2nd April 2014
- Interviews will be held on Friday 11th April 2014
- Post commencing Tuesday 15th April 2014
If you have any queries or questions please contact: 07548 365869 | email@example.com
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage phone and email enquiries.
- Being the first point of contact for enquiries in the office and at certain events.
- Liaise with clients and artists, produce quotes and contracts and update the booking systems.
- Work alongside Finance officers to ensure prompt payment and feedback.
- Update databases of client information for e-Marketing and Audience Development uses.
- Updating promotion around The Black-E.
- Keep clear records (aided by Directors) of projects to feed back to funders
- Co-ordinate artists and trainees and assist them with various tasks e.g. finding training opportunities, organising rehearsals and performances, filling in paperwork.
- Other, depending on nature of projects.
- Filing and arranging paper and electronic documents.
- Creating, updating and utilising systems for excellent organisation.
- Ordering supplies.
- Hygiene maintenance.
1. Accuracy and attention to detail
2. Strong efficiency and organisation
3. An ability to work independently and prioritise workload in a changing environment
4. A positive and flexible approach
5. A desire to support colleagues
6. An ability to work empathetically with individuals
7. Excellent at relationship building
8. An ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure
9. Someone who thrives in a team environment, but can also work independently.
10. A demonstrable enthusiasm for the arts, particularly world dance.
Skills and Experience
1. Excellent administrative skills with at least 2 years experience within the field of administration.
2. Strong time management and organisational skills
3. Outstanding communication skills, working with a wide range of different people
4. Experience with dealing with people on phone and via email
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. A commitment to Equal Opportunities and diversity in the workplace
7. Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
8. Must be willing to work on Mac computer and develop skills quickly to fulfil role.
9. Experience in managing bookings
10. Current DBS/ CRB check
11. Recent Health and Safety and Safeguarding Training
Terms and Conditions
Contract Fee: £2,002 – 2,288 for the 6 month contract (depending on experience and skills)
Based on 11 hours per week excluding necessary lunch breaks.
280 hours over a 6 month period.
Candidate MUST be registered as self-employed.
Hours: Between 9am – 6pm,
Occasional evening work may be required.
Holidays: Are not included within this contract, however any previously arranged holidays will be discussed with the successful freelancer and catered for as much as possible.
Notice period: 1 month
Contract Period: 6 months fixed term, with a 3 month review meeting.
Classes: All Movema staff can attend any of Movema fitness (Zumba, Yoga) and dance classes for FREE.
Events: 1 free complimentary tickets to all Movema productions, with 1 concessionary companion ticket available per production.