Spread Your Wings marks the launch of Wildfire Rising year 2 a dedicated development programme for Global Majority Artists in the Northwest.
Wildfire Rising is led by Movema and Cheshire Dance with the shared vision of removing inequalities and racism within the dance sector. This year focuses on self-care, access and authenticity.
What to expect?
• Find out about bursaries and training opportunities for artists.
• To meet and work with our Wildfire Rising Artists (Global majority artists in the North West)
• To deepen your understanding of issues and barriers faced by Global Majority Artists.
• To develop connections with Global Majority artists and organisations that support their development.
• To be part of radical change need to remove racism from our sector.
• To dance and enjoy yourself!
Spread Your Wings is part of Liverpool’s Black History month, commissioned by Culture Liverpool – Liverpool City Council. The event has been curated by Akeim Touissant Buck and the Wildfire Rising Artists.
The event will be in-person and online.
Spread Your Wings is free to attend.