This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable person who is passionate about world dance to continue to develop and deliver our world dance programme, supporting emerging artists, talent development, individual wellbeing and communities.
You will lead (at times in partnership) projects across Liverpool including Liferooms, Merseycare (public), our Milap partnerships (education & community engagement), School outreach, festivals and artist development project reaching out to global majority artists.
You will ensure the successful delivery of a range of events hosted by Movema such as Africa Oye, Lunar New Year, Black History Month events, Masterclasses and Community Consultation as well as coordinate the successful delivery of performances, both community and professional, by Movema throughout the year.
You will work closely with our Liverpool team, as well as wider Movema colleagues (based in Bristol) to promote and evaluate projects.
Terms and Conditions
|Hours of working:||28 (0.8 FTE)|
|Annual Salary:||£28,590k – £30,094 (pro rata)|
|Annual Holiday:||22 days annually (pro rata), plus Bank Holidays.|
|Line Managed by:||Director of Finance and Operations|
|People Management Responsibility for:||Associate artist, Freelance artists, and volunteers|
|Flexibility:||We have a comprehensive flexible working framework as well as flexitime and a time off in lieu (TOIL) system. Our core hours are 10am -3pm, Tues-Thurs. Due to the nature of the role, you must be able to work some evenings, weekends and possible bank holiday for events.|
|Notice Period:||During probationary period, 1 month by employee, 2 weeks by employer. Then 2 months both ways|
|Probationary period:||3 months|
|Place of Work:||Liverpool office, The Bluecoat|
|To apply;||Please complete the application form and return by midnight, 30th June 2023|
To oversee, coordinate and deliver Movema’s Artistic programme in Liverpool and North West.
- Develop and manage projects, delivering objectives and overseeing; management of practitioners, partnerships, budgets, logistics and monitoring & evaluation, communicating with participants, clients, and artist and to coordinate performances.
- Support income generation through grant applications and earned income for core work, projects and events, including relationship management and reporting
- Manage associate artist, freelance practitioners and volunteers, leading recruitment and induction, arranging (and delivering) training as necessary, and providing ongoing support and feedback ensuring contract and / or role objectives are met.
- Manage events, including programming, budgeting, partnerships, evaluation, health & safety, volunteer recruitment & management.
- Communications & Promotions, working with the Marketing Manager to produce regular marketing materials for all projects across platforms, create and distribute a quarterly newsletter for the NW region, and contribute to the main Movema newsletter.
- Build partnerships & development opportunities, attending networking and stakeholder meetings and building relationships with new and existing partners. You will develop partnership proposals (with the Exec team) and stay abreast of regional and national opportunities in the dance, cultural and charity sectors.
- Manage Safeguarding concerns in relation to Liverpool projects.
- Ensure that all relevant information is recorded on a timely basis across workstreams including bookings, project work, administration and finance ensuring complaint with GDPR legislation and Movema’s policies and procedures
- Be an Ambassador for Movema, becoming a recognisable face of Movema for participants and partners, championing the work we do.
- Experience in coordinating and developing project in community and cooperate field.
- Experienced in and effective at maintaining excellent working relationships with partners, funders, client and service users.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with relevant experience in project management.
- Excellent time management and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple and diverse projects and workstreams and structure priorities appropriately.
- Effective team member, with an ability to work independently bringing a solution focused and creative approach.
- Experience in income generation through earned income and secure grant application.
- Experience of people management, looking after staff well role descriptions are met and high quality of service are provided.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experienced and confident in safeguarding
- Experienced in fundraising for projects and understanding monitor and evaluation process.
- Good understanding of the needs and barriers that exist when developing diverse dance programmes with disadvantaged communities.
- A strong understanding of and commitment to equality, diversity ad inclusion with an open and anti-oppressive approach
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements and risk assessments
- A willingness and ability to travel.
- Up to date Enhanced DBS or a willingness to complete this
- Financial management – able to manage programme budgets and create reports
- Marketing of projects using social media
- Confident using multiple platforms, (Google drive, Dropbox, Mondy.com, Breathe HR).
- Good knowledge of Liverpool’s arts/ charitable sector.
- Interest in teaching world dance styles.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Movema celebrates diversity and we welcome applications from all backgrounds to develop a diverse team to serve and reflects the communities we engage. We particularly encourage applications from;
- Individuals who identify as being/from the: African, South Asian, East Asian and/or Southeast Asian diaspora; Global majority – this includes but is not exclusive to people of Middle Eastern, Arab, Latinx, Jewish, Romany and Irish Traveller heritage; LGBTQIA+ community
- And people who; are D/deaf and or disabled; are neuro- divergent; are from working-class backgrounds and/or have Lived Experience of racism and/or other barriers that have impacted their ability to achieve their career potential.
How to Apply
Please view and download the Job Description.
Please email these documents to email@example.com
We invite candidates to apply with:
- Application Form / Plain Text Application Form
- Cover Letter
- Please complete Movema’s Equal Opportunities Form (online)
If you have any queries or questions, please contact: 07548 365869 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received by: 30th June 2023, midnight
Shortlist notification: 5th July
Interviews: 13th/ 14th July
Start date: w/c 16th August