Part-time 0.8 FTE
Movema is seeking an Administration and Operations Manager to support the team and help to develop Movema’s growing activities. They will manage and develop the administrative processes working individually and as part of a team.
The Administrations and Operations Manager will need to be a highly organised and focused individual, with knowledge and experience of running an organisation’s administration functions.
Job Description Job Description (pdf)
Application Form Application Form Download (docx)
Plain Large Text Version of Application Form Application Form Template Plain Large Text Download (docx)
Equal Opportunities Form Complete (online)
Terms and Conditions:
Hours of Working: Part-time, 28 hours (4 days per week, 0.8 FTE based on a 35-hour week),
Contract: 12 month Fixed-Term. With a 3-month probationary period which may be extended.
Annual Salary £23,660-25,508 pro rata (depending on experience)
Annual Holiday: 24 days (30 days pro rata, + Bank Holidays).
Line Managed by: Executive Director
Place of Work: Liverpool based Movema office
Flexibility: A flexible approach to working hours is negotiable. A willingness and ability to travel is essential.
Pension: Statutory contributions 4% and you will be enrolled into the NEST pension scheme.
The Administration & Operations Manager provides a comprehensive range of office administration and services across the Movema team ensuring the efficient running of the organisation. This post will work closely with Movema’s Directors to ensure the smooth running of many aspects of the charity’s business.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Administration & Operations
- To manage the administration and management of bookings and sales – reviewing systems (such as online payment systems).
- Ensure that the office environment is a welcoming place for staff and guests and that the associated areas are properly managed.
- Being the first point of contact for enquiries in the office.
- Deal with correspondence, telephone queries, incoming and outgoing post and electronic mail, filing, photocopying.
- Ensure that the post is delivered and collected daily.
- Oversee and take responsibility for the effective day to day operations of Movema’s office and administrative support systems, ensuring that all systems are appropriately documented and shared.
- Devise, maintain and develop appropriate office systems including manual and computer filing systems to ensure that the information held is relevant, up to date and accessible and in accordance with Movema’s Data Protection Policies.
- Produce timely and accurate reports and updates for the Director of Finance and Operations on income and expenditure relating to Operations and other administration budgets.
- Ensure the maintenance of clear and effective virtual and physical filing, records, and other systems across various cloud platforms.
- Take responsibility for Movema’s CRM administration and adhere to Data Protection compliance.
- Ensure that Movema has appropriate IT maintenance to ensure that staff have appropriate, optimally functioning IT hardware and software.
- Ensure that stationery supplies are maintained and replenished, ensuring best value for money and compliance with our environmental policy.
- Arrange appropriate insurance for office equipment, premises, employers and public liability and travel.
Project and activity support
- Maintaining the Monitoring & Evaluation system, creating quarterly and annual reports for the board, funders, annual report, and public dissemination.
- Writing and issuing of contracts for bookings, clients, and freelancers.
- Ensuring staff appraisals and supervision schedule is adhered to.
- Assist with HR and recruitment administration, planning for interviews and contacting candidates at the various stages of the process.
- Arrange induction for all new starters, to ensure that equipment, desk space etc. is in place for first day at work.
- Act as “super admin” for Movema’s web-based HR system, ensuring that it contains all required information.
- To recruit and develop volunteers.
- You will manage the administration of Movema’s Governance responsibilities, ensuring policies are in place and updated.
- To review GDPR strategy and policy and ensure online and paper files are compliant.
- Take minutes of the Board, Sub-Committees, and other meetings, producing and distributing them professionally and quickly within two weeks of meeting date.
- Ensure that all records and documents (e.g., declaration of interest, ED&I) relating to the Trustees are kept up to date.
- Process and administer expenses for the Chair and Trustees, including Trustee related expenditure.
- Assist the Executive team with the administration of other governance tasks such as filing Annual Returns to Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Support the Board in the appointment of new Trustees, administering correspondence and arranging interviews.
- Ensure that office maintenance issues are managed proactively, ensuring that staff are all aware of how to report equipment maintenance needs and that any requests for assistance are followed up quickly.
- Manage communication with suppliers including the ordering, installation and maintenance of the IT equipment, office furniture, keys, telephones, stationery, and other equipment required for the smooth running of the office.
- Manage recycling and waste collection for office.
- Ensure that the communal staff areas are maintained clean and tidy and manage the provision of sundries in the kitchen.
- Arrange for the servicing and repair of office appliances, equipment etc.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that required checks such as PAT testing etc. are carried out on time.
- Arrange yearly Office Health and Safety Risk Assessments, including working from home risk assessments, DSE requirements to ensure that Movema meets all its health and safety obligations in respect of its Staff.
- Ensure that the office staff have the appropriate number of trained, certified, first aiders, including a mental health first aider, and ensure that certifications are up to date, arranging refresher or other training as and when necessary.
- Ensure that the incident books are available in the office and at workshops, classes etc. and used correctly, providing quarterly reports on any incidences or accidents, and that any necessary follow up has been undertaken.
- Ensure that any Government regulations in respect of Covid are acted upon and communicated to all staff.
- Adhere to the Movema Code of Conduct for staff.
- Undertake other duties as required commensurate with the level and nature of the role.
- A certain level of flexibility regarding availability outside normal working hours is required to attend events.
- Work within the context of Movema’s Equality and Diversity and other policies, within delivery of service and treatment of visitors, artists, contractors, employees, and colleagues.
- Excellent administrative skills with at least 3 years’ experience within the field of administration.
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills,
- Experience with dealing with people on phone and via email
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities and diversity in the workplace
- Advanced proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite, Google drive and Dropbox.
- Must be willing to work on Mac computer and develop skills quickly to fulfil role.
- Demonstrable ability to work and remain calm in a sometimes-pressurised environment
- Someone who thrives in a team environment but can also work independently and prioritise workload in a changing environment
- Proven experience of showing initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A positive and flexible approach
- A desire to support colleagues
- An ability to work empathetically with individuals
- Excellent at relationship building
Desirable, but non essential Criteria
- Enthusiasm for the arts, particularly world dance
- People management
- Current DBS check
- Recent Health and Safety and Safeguarding Training
- Demonstrable interest in world cultures and social equality
Application and Selection Process
We invite candidates to apply with:
1. Covering Letter
2. Completed Application Form
3. Complete Movema’s Equal Opportunities form
Please email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by post, please send the documents to: Movema, Toxteth TV, 37-45 Windsor Street, Toxteth, Liverpool, L8 1XE
If you have any queries or questions, please contact: 07548 365869 or email: email@example.com
Movema are committed to providing accessible employment opportunities to all prospective candidates. It is important to us that we reduce the inequalities to employment in the arts and dance sector.
Should you wish to talk about the role or apply in a different format to what we have provided, please email, or call to discuss.
As a disability confident employer, we will offer an interview to any candidate with a disability or long-term health condition, providing they meet the minimum criteria for the role.
|The closing date for receipt of applications:||23rd September 2022|
|Interviews will be held:||4 October 2022. In Liverpool in a wheelchair accessible venue|
|Post commencing:||20th October 2022|
All candidates selected for interview will be asked if they require any reasonable adjustments for their interview.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Movema celebrates diversity and we welcome applications from all backgrounds to develop a diverse team to serve and reflects the communities we engage.
We particularly encourage applications from individuals who identify as being/from the:
- African Diaspora
- South Asian Diaspora
- East Asian Diaspora
- Southeast Asian diaspora
- Global majority – this includes but is not exclusive to people of Middle Eastern, Arab, Latinx, Jewish, Romany and Irish Traveller heritage.
- D/deaf and or disabled candidates
- Neuro-divergent candidates
- Candidates from working-class backgrounds
- LGBTQIA+ candidates
- Lived Experience of racism and/or other barriers that have prevented their ability to achieve their full career potential.
Why work with us?
You will be a key part of our mission to connect people and communities, helping nurture a safer and more understanding and tolerant world.
– Movema welcomes everyone and our ethos of inclusivity supports people to be the best versions of themselves and to feel confident and capable in their roles.
– We celebrate diversity through all we do, and pledge to treat all communities, staff, and stakeholders without prejudice. We commit to this by:
- Treating all people with respect, love and understanding. We have zero tolerance for racism and prejudice.
- Using our position and networks to serve our communities, we are advocates for change and work to reduce the inequalities experienced related to skin colour, race, sex, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and disability.
- Create safe spaces where people can come together, to share, to listen and to heal.
- To recruit and develop a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve
– Team members can attend all our classes and events for FREE.