CPD for Community Dance Practitioners
Movema in collaboration with RISE Youth Dance will be holding a 3 hour training at BIPA (Bristol Institute of Performing Arts) for both new/ emerging dance leaders, and experienced practitioners wishing to broaden and refresh their skills.
What the day will include:
The programme includes:
- A practical session focused on leading contemporary and creative dance facilitated by Helen Wilson from RISE Youth Dance.
- A practical session using Movema’s World In A Box teaching resource facilitated by Penny Caffrey.
- Advice and tools for lesson planning.
- An opportunity to share skills and develop your tool kit.
- Discussion and sharing about networks and resources available.
- Information about what you need to become a community dance practitioner.
As part of the day, we invite attendees to prepare a 5 minute activity to share with the group. This might be; a short movement phrase, a game, a research topic for conversation, or you may wish to share information about an experience or a project you run.
Suitable for people with dance experience. Age 17+
The training costs: £25
*Free for regular Movema & RISE Youth Dance artists.
*One subsidised place for a BIPA student
We are also offering subsidised places for selected artists in a position to join our pool of practitioners, dependent on experience. If you would like to be considered for a subsidised place, please send your CV and why you would like to work with Movema or RISE Youth Dance to: firstname.lastname@example.org