Are you passionate about dance and community?
We’re busy with lots of projects over the upcoming months so it’s the perfect time to get involved and come dance with us!
Dance students can transform our local community here in Liverpool by embracing world cultural dance by becoming a Movema Ambassador!
We are currently looking to recruit new volunteers to support our company in delivering our projects throughout Merseyside and to offer the opportunity for volunteers to join a company where they – can learn new skills and meet new people.
What is Movema?
Movema celebrates diversity through dance, creating safe spaces for different communities to come together and learn about each other.
This year we celebrate being 10 years old!!!
Movema’s not-for-profit company structure means money made is put back into the organisation and redistributed to deliver projects for communities, making world dance and arts accessible to all.
At Movema, volunteers will develop their skills and cultural awareness through dance projects such as African Dance, World Fusion classes and our Unlock the Box Dance Education Programme. Styles include Bollywood, Salsa, Caribbean dance, Latin and more. Additionally, there are lots of opportunities to perform throughout the year at exciting city events! Such as Africa Oyé, Carnival, Black History Month, Chinese New Year and Light Night!
Through these projects, volunteers have the opportunity to increase their confidence, experience positive health benefits, and to play a part in a company who are passionate about health and well-being.
Movema in action! Our next volunteer opportunities are below:
– Summer School, 14th&15th August 2019 and 21st&22nd August 2019 (DBS check required)
– Movema’s Tenth Birthday, Friday 27th September 2019
– Monday’s African Dance class at LIPA 6-7pm- weekly
– Wednesday’s World Fusion class at LIPA 6-7pm- weekly
Volunteering roles available:
– Events support- Brazilica, Movema’s 10th Birthday, Africa Oyé
– Dance teacher/ support delivery
– Performance opportunities
– Summer schools
– Flyer distribution
– Classes support: registration and evaluation
– Photography/ video
– Costume/ makeup/ design
– Marketing: social media and press
– Technical Assistance
– Advisory Panel (please state skill set below– e.g fundraising, finance, legal, business development, marketing, sales etc)
– Stewarding / chaperoning
– If you have any additional skills you can offer Movema, that are not listed above please do get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate.
What are the benefits of volunteering with Movema?
– Free classes
– Free vibrant t-shirt
– Skills development
– Some roles can lead to paid opportunities (dependent on role)
– Travel expenses
– Performing as part of the city’s cultural calendar
– Learn about World dance and culture
– Meet new friends
We have an AMBASSADORS MEETING on Monday 16th September 2019 at 6-8pm at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA) with a free AFRICAN DANCE class 6-7pm. Healthy snacks and drinks will be served.
PS DATE FOR YOUR DIARY MOVEMA’S OFFICIAL BIRTHDAY PARTY 27 SEPTEMBER 2019
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR DANCE COMMUNITY, AND WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE 🙂
Please check out our social media accounts to find out more about us and what we can offer to potential volunteers:
I will look forward to your reply and welcoming the new students in September!
Or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photograph: David Leeke 2019. Liverpool Light Night